Antioch Baptist Church
The church committee of Pleasant Valley was to be duly appointed, or elected, by the citizens of Pleasant Valley. This appointed committee then superintended construction of the Arbor Church around 1873.
This building was used as a meeting place for the Baptist, Christian, Methodist Episcopal, and Cumberland Presbyterian church members. Thomas G. Cherry and D. W. Griffin were appointed to represent the Baptist.
The Antioch Baptist Church of Garland voted to establish a new church and eighteen members were given letters of dismissal in June of 1873. These eighteen members then organized the Antioch Baptist Church at Pleasant Valley.